Heating and Cooling
- Control heat, air, and moisture leakage by caulking or weather-stripping your doors and windows.
- Insulate your garage, attic, and basement with natural, non-toxic materials like reclaimed blue jeans, cotton, wool, icynene, and nanogel.
- Open a window instead of running the air conditioning.
- Install a programmable thermostat that will turn off the heat or air conditioning while you are away from home.
- Ask your power company to switch to greener sources of power.
- Switch to a greener power company.
Back to Conservation home.
- Create clean energy by installing solar panels. You can sell energy back to the power company and watch your meter go backwards.
- If your neighborhood does not recycle, you can recycle paper by taking it to the Abitibi bin nearest to you. We have one at the Zoo.