Birthday party packages include:
• All-day admission and parking
• Two-hour reserved rental of balcony area in Worlds of Discovery building
• Choice of one of our three lunch options: pizza, hot dogs, or chicken nuggets
• Unlimited beverages
• Lay's® potato chips and Goldfish® crackers
• Zoo-themed birthday cake (your choice of flavor) and ice cream
• Favor bags and safari hats for each child
• A special gift for the birthday child
• Pleasant staff to set-up and serve your party
• All necessary paper products, condiments, cups, tablecloths, and utensils
For assistance designing or booking your party, please call 412-365-6006 or email email@example.com
Reservations must be made at least one month in advance, but we recommend booking your party two to three months in advance to ensure the greatest availability. Parties are offered daily from June to August, and weekends only from September to May. Certain dates and holidays may not be available due to other Zoo events. Zoo hours vary at different times of the year.
11:00 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 2:00 p.m., or 2:30 p.m.
Base party package is $275 for Zoo Members and $325 for non-members. This includes 15 people (any combination of children or adults). Any additional children are $22 each, and any additional adults are $17 each. To reserve your date and time, full payment of the base party package is required when booking. Prices are subject to change and do not include tax.
Party Package Add-On Options:
• Animal show ($50) available for Saturday and Sunday parties only. Unavailable on holidays.
• Piñata ($30) available for all parties
• Zoo themed invitations ($20) available for purchase in packs of 15
• Zoo birthday t-shirt ($20) available in children sizes XS-XL
Q: What are the recommended ages for a Zoo party?
A: We recommend our parties for children between the ages of 2 to 10.
Q: Do we get a guided tour of the Zoo with our party?
A: Admission to the Zoo is included in your party package. You and your guests are welcome to spend the entire day at the Zoo. We do not provide a tour.
Q: How long does a Zoo party last?
A: Parties usually last between one hour and one and a-half-hours.
Q: Is there a minimum/maximum number of guests?
A: There is a minimum of 15 guests and a maximum of 35 guests. (Any combination of adults and children)
Q: Some of my guests are Zoo Members. Will this affect guest pricing?
A: We offer a Members discount to the host of the party with a reduced pricing on the party package. All guests, Members and non-members, are charged the same price.
Q: Can I bring in outside food to the party?
A: The Pittsburgh Zoo's Taste catering department offers an extended lunch menu upon request, where you can order a variety of platters and dips for your party. You may also order additional 12-cut pizzas for $18/each.
All birthday parties include one lunch option (pizza, hot dogs, or chicken nuggets) for all of your guests, as well as snacks, unlimited beverages, cake, and ice cream.
These items are in addition to the items included. All add-on items feed 20 guests.
• Snake Sandwich ($50)
*includes roasted turkey, smoked ham, cheddar cheese with lettuce and tomato on sliced baguette
• Cheese display with assorted crackers ($50)
• Fresh fruit display ($35)
• Turkey and ranch cream cheese pinwheels ($30)
• Fresh vegetable display with ranch dressing ($25)
• Buffalo chicken dip with tortilla chips ($25)
• Spinach and artichoke dip with pita chips ($25)
• Salsa and queso dip with tortilla chips ($20)
• Fresh pasta salad ($20)
• Garden salad with ranch and raspberry vinaigrette ($20)
• Roasted garlic and lemon hummus with pita chips ($20)
• Additional pizza (12 slices) ($18)
• Assorted cookie platter (3 dozen) ($30)
• Apple juice box ($1 per person)
• 2% Milk or chocolate milk ($1.50 per person)
• Fruit shoots ($2 per person)
*Flavors: apple, berry burst, orange, strawberry and raspberry