Whether you want to give us feedback from a recent experience, you're planning an upcoming visit and have some questions, or you're looking for something special from the Zoo for your next fundraising event, we'd love to hear from you!
Our mascots and chalk artist love to visit events throughout the Pittsburgh area and you can request an appearance from them for your next event. Requests can be made by mail or email, and must be received at least six weeks prior to your event. In your correspondence, please tell us about your event, anticipated attendance, and event location.
We will contact you approximately three to four weeks before your event to inform you if we are able to grant your request. As a result of the popularity of the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium mascots, not all requests can be fulfilled. Please note that Polar Bear, Sharky, Rhino, Dino, and our chalk artist are not available for appearances at private events such as birthday parties or family reunions.
Letters of request can be sent to:
Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium
Attention: Mascot Appearance
One Wild Place
Pittsburgh, PA 15206
or sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Every year the Zoo is able to fulfill numerous requests for admission passes (two passes per request) for local non-profit organizations. As a result of the high volume of requests that we receive, we are unable to participate in all of the worthy opportunities presented to us. Please note that the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium is not able to participate in requests from private individuals or for-profit businesses at this time.
To request a donation, please complete the form below. In order for your request to be considered, you must include your non-profit tax ID number and a brief description of your organization and your event. As of March 31, 2017, requests made via anything other than the online form, including requests made by mail, email, telephone, or fax, are no longer accepted.
Before filling out the donation request form, please review the donation guidelines to be sure your request is eligable for a donation:
- The donation request form must be filled out in its entirety in order for your request to be considered.
- Donation requests must be made using the online form. Requests made by mail, email, telephone, fax, etc. will not be considered.
- Donation requests will only be considered if the request is being made by a non-profit group. The non-profit group making the request must be located in Pennsylvania, Ohio, or West Virginia.
- As a result of the high volume of requests that we receive, we are unable to participate in all of the worthy opportunities presented to us.
- All decisions regarding requests are made by the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium. All decisions are final.
- Fulfillment of a donation request will consist of two (2) general admission tickets. Sorry, but we do not provide promotional items, memberships, classes, Zoomobile visits, or behind-the-scenes experiences as donations.
- All requests must be made online only at least six (6) weeks prior to your organization's event. There is a two-week minimum processing period. If your event is less than two weeks away, we will unfortunately be unable to fulfill your request.
- Each non-profit organization is eligible for one (1) request consisting of two (2) tickets per 12-month period.