VP of Facilities-Construction-Design
The Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium includes 78 acres of land that includes a ten acre parking lot and sixty building structures having a total building area exceeding 267,000 square feet.
The position listed is a managerial role in which the employee is required to assist the direct report with the day to day operations of the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide daily supervision of the Maintenance Department with a hands on approach.
- Provide support for all trades….Carpentry, Mechanic, Painting, HVAC, Plumbing, and Electrical.
- Responsible for emergency support as needed to maintain safe and secure facilities at all hours.
- Assure compliance with latest Labor Agreement.
- Continual assessment of all properties.
- Support Maintenance Staff by assisting with acquiring material and equipment as required.
- Schedule, coordinate, prioritize, and distribute maintenance work.
- Continual management of work orders utilizing “mPulse” computer program.
- Maintain accurate records of work required and work completed.
- Compliance with established safety policies and procedures.
- Manage, organize, and develop a written Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Coordinate work effort with all staff to minimize impact on daily visitor expectations.
- Schedule vehicle maintenance, vehicle state inspections, and ride inspections.
- Responsible for coordinating or conducting maintenance staff training.
- Maintain relationship with Outside Contractors, Vendors, and Utility Representatives.
- Assist with the efforts of the Construction Group as on site Owner Representative and Consult.
- Leadership by example with hands on expectations.
- Consistently report to work at the scheduled time.
- Proactive approach to resolving issues and creative thinking process.
- Professional response to unforeseen circumstances.
- Maintain professional conduct at all times, on and off grounds.
- Effective and accurate communication skills, oral and written.
- Maintain respectful relationship will all staff and visitors.
- Provide support to other staff as required to accomplish common goals.
- Manage and maintain positive relationships with outside contractors and vendors.
- Understand the needs and requirements for the various groups and occupants.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Other Requirements:
- A Technical Degree within a trade related program is the minimum educational requirement.
- A minimum of ten years of maintenance experience within a trade related program.
- A minimum of five years of supervision experience within a trade related program.
- Must have basic knowledge for all trades Carpentry, Mechanical, Plumbing, HVAC, and Electrical.
- Computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, and Internet Explorer.
- Ability to learn various computer programs that support the position, training will be provided.
- Position involves a combination of office and field work and working within both is required.
- Must be able to answer emergency calls from security and automated systems during off-hours.
- While most emergency work is performed by the Trade Staff, managing the effort is required.
- Position occasionally requires the lifting on equipment and or material with a 50 lb. minimum.
- This position occasionally requires weekend supervision responsibility which is scheduled.
- Valid and current PA Drivers License is required.
- Position is subject to background check and references are required.
Apply online below or submit resumé with salary requirements to:
Zoological Society of Pittsburgh
Human Resources Department
One Wild Place
Pittsburgh, PA 15206