Position Title: Development Coordinator
Position Status: Full-time, Exempt
- Overall Capital Campaign administration and organization:
- Prospect tracking, task assignment and maintenance of timelines.
- Schedule meetings, prepare talking points, assemble presentations, and prepare materials for Campaign Cabinet and Campaign staff meetings. Maintain master Capital Campaign Calendar.
- Oversee acknowledgement of all Capital Campaign gifts and pledges.
- Manage and/or create Capital Campaign correspondence including meeting requests, scheduling and meeting action items.
- Compile Campaign solicitation packets with cover letters, proposals, pledge cards, named opportunities and other associated documents.
- Provide coordination and administration of Campaign events.
- Draft and send “thank you” letters to donors to the Capital Campaign, collecting live signatures from appropriate volunteer leaders.
- Organize and monitor Campaign Cabinet assignments and follow-up, and assist in all aspects of high-level volunteer-led activities.
- Support Campaign Cabinet as they conduct lead gift cultivation and solicitation activities through communication, coordination and attend strategy meetings when appropriate.
- Create all Capital Campaign reports [i.e. for pending & realized gifts, budget tracking, status updates, etc.]
- Attend Campaign Cabinet meetings, as well as create and distribute meeting minutes.
- Assist in the creation and edit of cover letters and proposals for individual donor prospects.
- Database and Records Management:
- Manage, organize and maintain all confidential donor digital and paper records
- Create and maintain custom reports
- Ensure the integrity of data inputted into the Altru point-of-sale / donor management system
- Quickly and accurately respond to requests for data sets, lists, etc. as requested by the development team and other departments
- Foundation & Grants Support:
- Assist the grants administrator with researching, writing, editing, and packaging applications and reports to a variety of funders
- Coordinate mailings, data management, and research for the EITC program.
- Provide general support to the Membership Services Manager:
- Assist with all membership mailings, including those distributed through mail houses.
- Prepare membership communications in an electronic form the Zoo website, and for communication to the membership constituency via newsletter and / electronic outreach.
- Assist with all website transactions related to membership, including membership renewals, new memberships, and changes to memberships. Assist with the transfer of member information from the website to the Development database when necessary.
- Generate and mail membership cards, renewal letters, and other communications with members, including membership benefit fulfillment. Manage inventory of membership cards and envelopes, renewal forms and envelopes, and temporary membership forms.
- Answer Membership inquiries, and resolve complaints on-site, via mail, email and phone.
- Meeting Logistics:
- Coordinate catering
- Prepare minutes and agendas
- Reserve venues and A/V needs
- Provide driving and parking instructions to outside guests
- Schedule behind-the-scenes tours or animal visits
- Special Events:
- Assist with logistics for a variety of fundraising and donor events including: Zoo Gala, Summer Safari, Grow Wild Society, Roar and Snore, etc.
- Assist with planning and execution of corporate volunteer projects
- Assist with preparation and mailing of sponsor solicitation and acknowledgement documents
- Coordinate and confirm delivery of sponsorship benefits
- Donor Stewardship:
- Provide accurate gift recording in compliance with all generally accepted accounting principles
- Coordinate and confirm delivery of donor recognition benefits
- Organize and execute behind-the-scenes tours
- Update prospect lists with information regarding each strategy and outcome of cultivation and solicitation activities.
- Provide information, copy and editing for publications including: invitations, signage, emails, website, Zoo Insider, etc.
- Assist with the administration of donor stewardship programs including named opportunities / acknowledgments.
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible, focused individual, with outstanding organizational skills, comfort in an external-facing role working with executive-level donors / stakeholders, and consistently ensuring a high level of accuracy
- Excellent written, verbal and customer service skills
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, creative, strategic and professional
- Experience managing timelines
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in and knowledge of Capital Campaigns and/or fundraising development
- Project management experience
- Experience working with confidential donor data
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- Flexibility in work hours, including weekends and evenings
- Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments. Must be able to work weekend days and evenings.
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Zoological Society. Must have access to a car and be available for contact by phone.
- Use of data: Must have exceptional database and word processing skills, as well as proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, and display high attention to detail and accuracy. Skills as a researcher over multiple information platforms preferred.
- Organizational Skills: Must be able to work on multiple projects at the same time and be highly organized. Must maintain poise under pressure and be a highly-motivated self-starter. Must display strong time management and planning skills.
- Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Zoological Society. Must be a team player with the ability to work independently. Exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others, and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Provides excellent customer service in the areas of guest relations and park beautification:
- Answers visitor inquiries or finds someone who can;
- Disposes of litter and waste throughout the park and Zoo facilities.
- Manual dexterity to operate office machinery such as personal computer, telephone, facsimile machine, copier, calculator, etc.
- Position is primarily sedentary, usually sitting for long periods of time in an office setting. Special events may require work outdoors in the park.
Submit resume to:
Zoological Society of Pittsburgh
Human Resources Department
One Wild Place
Pittsburgh, PA 15206
Or email to HR@pittsburghzoo.org