Position Title: Reception Team Leader
Department: Visitor Services
Position Status: Full-time, hourly, non-exempt
The Receptionist Team Leader is a highly visible and very important position that is the first line of communication between the public and the organization.
- Responsible for answering all incoming calls and providing information;
- Monitors internal communication systems; coordinates codes and makes announcements via the PA system;
- Acts as liaison between the staff on grounds, outside visitors and callers;
- Maintains the mail and stockroom;
- Assists all departments with clerical duties; coordinates shipments/deliveries
- Monitors access and closes/secures Education complex;
- Facilitates the lost and found system;
- Greets and assists visitors by monitoring and maintaining order throughout the facility as needed;
- Processes credit card transactions for visitors and employee clothing purchases;
- Logs and provides purchase orders and fills supply requests;
- Oversees the daily operation of the reception desk;
- Assists the Visitor Service Manager with managing and scheduling Visitor Services Staff, Oversees the Visitor Services Program on the Visitor Services Manager’s days off;
- Oversees zip line attraction operations;
- Performs all other duties as assigned and directed.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; some college is preferred.
- Minimum one year of supervisory experience.
- Minimum of one to three years’ experience in an office setting.
- Outgoing personality, excellent communication skills, the ability to recognize and defuse tense situations and successfully multi task.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and to stand/walk several hours a day.
- Valid PA driver’s license required.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Zoo operates seven days a week and flexibility required to work through the week as needed; evenings and holidays.
Submit resume online below or send to:
Zoological Society of Pittsburgh
Human Resources Department
One Wild Place
Pittsburgh, PA 15206
Or email to HR@pittsburghzoo.org