Technical Support / Help Desk
Responsibilities / Duties
- Provide client support and technical issue resolution via email, phone, and in person along with utilizing an IT ticketing system.
- Configuration, installation, and maintenance of various types of computer equipment.
- Provide training to clients in the use of system and applications as related to their jobs.
- Obtain general understanding of OS and application operations related to company business.
- Identify, correct or advise, on operational issues in client computer systems.
- Perform creation of new accounts using company provided software tools.
- Provide assistance with AV setup.
- Assists in the management of cell phones and other wireless devices.
- Performs other related duties as required.
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Willingness and ability to learn a complex and expansive collection of technology systems. Must be able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines. Must be able to analyze problems and solve them creatively, be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision; must demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills with individuals at all levels in the organization. Ability to work holidays, weekends, and on a rotating on-call schedule is required as the Zoo operates 7 days a week.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have general knowledge of Windows Operating Systems; Database software; Internet software and Office software applications. Experience resolving hardware and software issues are required and may need to be demonstrated. Proficient in Internet related applications such as email clients, web browsers, and remote access systems.
Apply online below or submit resumé with salary requirements to:
- Manual dexterity to operate office machinery such as personal computer, telephone, facsimile machine, copier, calculator, etc.
- Position is sedentary at times, but also requires walking throughout the facility in all types of conditions.
- Position may require occasional driving to off-site locations to meet with or provide training to staff.
- Occasional lifting up to 50 lbs. equipment.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Zoological Society of Pittsburgh
Human Resources Department
One Wild Place
Pittsburgh, PA 15206
Or email HR@pittsburghzoo.org